Butternut Squash Soup (non-fat version)
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 small Butternut Squash, grated in a food processor (approx. 4 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, rough chopped (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, rough chopped (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks of celery, rough chopped
- 1/2 of a medium red bell pepper, rough chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons light miso
Process the butternut squash in a food processor outfitted with the shredding blade. Place all ingredients except miso into a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Add miso and process again.
If you'd like to make it a little more creamy and luscious you could substitute the nutritional yeast with a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) avocado, cashews, cashew milk/cream or almond milk. This will give a little fat consistency, and bring all those flavors together. Or you could make the soup as above and garnish with a drizzle of pepper oil, diced avocados, cashew or almond cream. This would also give you that creamy fat consistency in every bite.